Homeowners insurance, Flood Insurance, Renters Insurance and more in Lorain County & all of Ohio

Be It Ever So Humble…

Protection for your home from Parsons Insurance

Whether it’s the place you drive to at the end of a hard day at work or that delightful vacation home in Florida, Parsons Insurance Agency has you covered. In fact, Parsons Insurance can write homeowners insurance in Florida and Pennsylvania as well as Ohio. That means the same agency you trust with your auto, life, health and business insurance offers the same kind of thoughtful options, competitive rates and superior service when it comes to protecting your home and the things you own. From damage to your home to loss due to theft, Parsons Insurance has a network of top-rated insurance providers that provide comprehensive coverage for most every imaginable risk. There’s no place like home…and Parsons Insurance Agency has yours covered.

Independence: The Power Behind Better Protection

Only an Independent Insurance Agency can offer real options

One insurance company can’t provide enough options to meet every specific homeowner’s need for homeowner’s coverage. That’s why there are so many different providers who offer insurance for homes. An agency that represents only one insurance company is typically referred to as a ‘captive agency’. If that company doesn’t offer the coverage you need, you have one option: change agents. In essence, you’re held captive by one insurance company. As an Independent Insurance Agency, Parsons Insurance Agency has developed relationships with many respected and financially-sound insurance companies, each offering solid homeowner’s risk management solutions to meet a wide variety of needs. Many of these companies offer specific discounts for those who have their auto and homeowners insurance with the same provider. Some offer discounts for having a home security system while others specialize in insuring apartments for renters. If one company increases its rates, we comb through our network to find a company that offers the coverage you want at a rate you’ll appreciate. That’s true customer service. That’s the power of independence provided by Parsons Insurance Agency. 

Most standard homeowners insurance policies offer these four essential types of coverage:

  1. Your Physical Home
    The policy will pay to repair or rebuild your home when it is damaged by a covered loss (fire, hurricane, hail, lightning, etc.) as enumerated in your policy.
  2. Your Personal Belongings
    This includes coverage for furniture, clothing, sports equipment and other personal items in the event of theft or destruction from one of the many covered losses enumerated in your policy. This coverage generally represents a percentage of the total insurance coverage afforded to the structure of your home. Expensive items like jewelry, fine art, collectibles and other items are insured to specific limits but can be insured to their full value with the purchase of additional endorsements.
  3. Liability Protection
    This is the coverage that pays for the damage when your child’s homerun find it’s way to the neighbor’s window, or if your dog bites the door-to-door salesman. Liability covers you against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage caused by you or your family members to other people. It covers the cost of defending you in court as well as the payment of any court-ordered awards up to the stated policy limit.
  4. Additional Living Expenses (ALE)
    This coverage pays the additional costs incurred when you have to live away from your home in the event of a covered loss. That would include things such as hotel bills, restaurant meals and other related costs that are over and above your usual living expenses as your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
    There are MANY additional coverage options available. Your Parsons Insurance agent can help you determine what coverage you need…and the coverage you don’t. PLEASE REMEMBER: If you rent, your landlord’s insurance does NOT cover your personal items or your personal liability exposure. You need a renter’s policy to protect your insurable interests. Talk to your Parsons Insurance agent about renter’s insurance.

Our homeowners’ insurance options include (but or not limited to)

  • Homes
  • Renters’ insurance
  • Rental property
  • Townhomes
  • Apartments
  • Condos
  • Mobile/Motor Homes
  • Vacant Homes
  • Homes under construction
  • Fire Policies
  • Umbrella
  • Flood
  • Earthquake
  • Personal Items such as Jewelry, artwork, etc
  • Identity Theft
  • Multi Policy Discounts are available